Sabtu, 9 April 2011

Sharing is caring

Many people talks about MARKETING in their daily activities. In bahasa, marketing is known as Pemasaran.  You sell, you buy, you advertise, you do all sorts business activities in promoting your product to others are defined or classified as Marketing. Generally, it is albeit confusing to really understand "What Marketing is ????.

Actually, I've been involved in this Marketing business for so many years prior to my recent retirement.  I'm glad that I was doing well in performing my task and responsibility.  Precisely, I believe that a successful marketeers are those people who really understood and practised the basic concept of marketing in executing their business activities.

OK. I'll make it simple for those who are involve in Marketing to really understand "What is marketing?".

The basic concept of marketing is comprises of the following components such as; Direct Marketing, Advertising, Brand Recognition, Customer Feedback, Demand and Supply Gap and Problems or Restriction for entering New Markets.

Wow... it sound more confusing....does it?????

OK. I'll give simple examples so that you'll understand about those weird terms.

1.   You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say:  "I am very rich. Pls. marry me!" That is what we call  "Direct Marketing".

2.   You're at a party with a bunch of your friends and see a gorgeous girl. One of your friends goes up to the girl and pointing at you saying that:  "Looks, he is a rich man. Marry him."  You friend is actually doing "Advertising" .

3.   You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. Surprisingly,  she walks up to you and says: "You are very rich! "would you like to marry me?". That's Brand Recognition.

4.   You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say: "Hey, I am very rich. Marry me!". Unfortunately, she gives you a nice hard slap on your face. That is what we call Customer Feedback.

5.   You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say: "I am very rich. Marry me!".  However, she introduces you to her husband. That is what we call "Demand Supply Gap."

6.    You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say: "I am very rich. Marry me!".
Your wife arrives. That is what we interpret as "Restriction for Entering New Markets."

Simple is it?????.  You can't find those examples in books or in marketing journals. But it makes you understand better about marketing...don't you???.

As I said...It's work for me....